Switching from an Android smartphone to iPhone may seem daunting. Just thinking about transferring all your photos, documents, and data may feel like a chore. But it may not be as hard as you think it is.
Find out why people move from Android to iPhone.
Reasons Why You Need to Switch to iPhone
If you’re considering switching to an iPhone, there are a few things you should consider. First: understand the differences between IOS and Android. Elements like built-in apps, software update frequency, battery life, and emojis are just some of the details you need to take note of as some of these need some getting used to.
But why switch to an iPhone?
A Forbes article about android-to-iPhone switchers quoted what Tim Cook, Apple’s CEO, said during the 2021 analyst conference call. He stated, “If you look at our results in Q3 … we had strong double-digit growth for switchers and [for] upgraders,” referring to the Q3 earnings call data from last year.
The same article sought the insight of a veteran technology analyst, Tim Bajarin, as to why other OS users switch to iPhones. He stated that Apple’s security features are the deal breakers for people to make the switch. But, is the decision to change to an iOS device first and foremost about Apple’s security features? Wait, there’s more!
• Better user experience
• Faster software updates keeping your phone current
• Better camera and video recording features
• Better customer service
• Option and availability of physical service centers
• Counterparts and alternatives are available for apps from phones with other OS
• More third-party apps are supported and can be seamlessly integrated
• Exclusive apps and games
• Support for third-party accessories
• High resale value
The iPhone and other Apple devices are also sustainable. You have the option to trade in or recycle old devices, allowing you to take better care of our environment.
Here is the easiest way to move your android phone data to an iPhone so you can finally make that switch.
Transfer Data from Android to iPhone
Ready to move some data? Read our step-by-step guide on how to get your new device to store your old phone’s information.
- Go to Google Play and download the Move to iOS app on your android device. Alternatively, you can download the app by tapping the QR code button in the top-right corner of your iPhone and scanning it on your Android. Note: You do not need to do this if you already have the app installed on your phone.
- To transfer data from Android to iPhone, do not finish your iPhone set up yet. Otherwise, you should erase it and start over or move your content manually. Set it up only until you reach the Apps and Data screen.
- Check if your iPhone storage space is enough to transfer your android data. Then, open the WiFi on your Android phone.
- Plug both your Android and iPhone devices into a power source.
- Go to the Apps and Data screen on your iPhone. Then, tap Move Data from Android.
- Tap Continue on your iPhone and wait for the 6- or 10-digit code to appear on the screen. Then, enter this code into your Android device.
- Tap Continue, then Connect. Wait for the Transfer Data screen on your Android device and select the data you want to transfer (apps, media, and even display settings).
- Leave both devices alone even if it shows “The process is complete,” and wait for the loading bar on your iPhone to finish.
- Tap Done on your Android device. Meanwhile, tap Continue Setting up iPhone on your iOS device.
- Follow the remaining on-screen steps to set up your phone, and you can finally enjoy all your Android phone’s data on your new iPhone!
Backup iPhone Data on iCloud
Backing up your data on iCloud will make it easier for you to transfer data to another iOS device in the future. It lets you restore photos, videos, songs, and any other data you’ve stored on the iCloud. And since iCloud allows you to copy information from one device to another, it’s also easier to access and reproduce information you don’t want to lose.
Here is an easy, five-step method to backup your data on iCloud:
- Open your iPhone’s Settings.
- Tap on your name shown on the screen.
- Under your personal details, find iCloud and tap on it.
- Tap iCloud Backup.
- Turn on the button for iCloud Backup. Options will appear. Tap on Backup Now.
Other Ways to Move Data from Android to iPhone
Aside from using the Move to iOS App, there are other ways to import your Android data to your new iPhone. If using the Move to iOS app seems too much of a hassle, then you may consider using these apps:
ShareIt is a free peer-to-peer file sharing and content distribution platform. It is compatible with any OS and can be downloaded on Google Play Store for Android and Apple App Store for iPhone. It allows you to share photos, videos, and music from one device to another. Transferring data from Android to iPhone using ShareIt requires that the WiFi, GPS, Bluetooth, and other Location Services are turned on.
Android File Transfer is a free but indirect way of transferring data from your Android to your new iPhone by way of Mac. This app applies only to people with access to a Mac and is moving to an iPhone only now. It allows you to drag and drop media and files to a folder on your Mac, which you can later copy to your new iPhone through iCloud.
Contact Transfer allows you to transfer your data from Android to iPhone by connecting it to your Windows PC. To do this, you need to install Contact Transfer software on your PC and download the Contact Transfer Android app on your Android phone. By launching the app on your Android phone and connecting your iPhone to your PC with a USB cable, you can select all the contacts you want to transfer from one device to another.
The Smart Transfer is an app that you need to install on both Android and iPhone to make a transfer of information. Unlike other apps, it allows for batch conversions of files. It lets you move videos, contacts, calendars, and pictures as long as the WiFi, Cellular Network, or WiFi-Hotspot is on.
Droid Transfer, just like Contact Transfer, utilizes a PC to make data transfers from an Android device to an iPhone. However, this is not free but offers a free trial option. It uses the Droid Transfer software on PC and the Transfer Companion app on Android, with USB as the iPhone’s means of connecting to both devices. Some of the data you can transfer using this app are:
– Call logs
– Other files
Make the Switch!
It can be hard to say goodbye to a phone that’s been a part of you for a long time. But losing all the files and data you’ve carefully kept in it is much harder. You can’t always guarantee that you can rely on your old phone. It’s performance and battery slows down, to say the least. It might even mess up some of your data when its system starts to fail. Luckily, you can easily transfer your data from Android to iPhone.
Now more than ever, we need new devices that can perform and adapt to the dynamic digital changes in our lives. Power Mac Center’s UpTrade Festival program lets you trade your iPhone for a newer model or an Android device for your first ever iPhone. By trading in your old Android or iPhone device, you can get new iPhone models at a discounted price. If you do not have any device to trade, you can explore your options in the iPhone installment Philippines so you wouldn’t have to worry too much about your budget.
You can get more information about the trade in the iPhone Philippines by visiting Power Mac Center’s website and reading more about its UpTrade program. If you’re still looking for iPhone options, installment plans, or any related query, browse through Power Mac Center’s Web Store or connect with our Viber Community. Follow us on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter to learn more about the premium Apple products and services that Power Mac Center offers.